Tips for School Leavers13th August 2020
Don’t panic if you didn’t get the grades you wanted to get to uni in this tumultuous time – there are lots of alternative paths. Here are our 5 top tips for moving on:
- Apply through Clearing on the UCAS website. Clearing Plus provides a list of courses to match your grades and interests.
- Retake the year, take a one year intensive A level course or other level 3 qualifications.
- Look at the apprenticeship option. The Government has provided more funding so there are more apprenticeship schemes available.
- Apply for a school leaver internship or work experience either while you defer university until next year, or towards a job.
- There are many entry level jobs where a degree is not necessary. Our Employment Advisers can help you to get your foot in the door! Also keep an eye on our jobs board at https://theworkavenue.org.uk/employment/jobs-listings/