Fundraising Assistant - JW3
- Location: NW3 London
- Working hours: Full time
- Sector: Administration
- Salary: £21,000 pa (pro rata)
- Closing date: 24th September 2021
We are seeking an organised individual to support the Director of JW3 Development in their efforts to raise charitable funds towards JW3’s activities. You will deliver smooth and professional administration of donations, maintain accurate records, and provide general support to the Director of JW3 Development and the wider fundraising team.
All staff must wholeheartedly buy into JW3’s mission, vision, values and guiding principles. A belief in the importance of inclusivity and working cross-communally, and a commitment to high quality Jewish engagement, arts and culture, and community-building is critical. A sensitivity to Jewish cultural issues is important. Training and support will be provided in order to achieve this.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, interpersonal and presentational.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Strong numerical skills to process gifts and keep budgets updated.
• Demonstrable methodical approach to work with excellent attention to detail.
• IT literate (including Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and good Excel skills
• Ability to work on own initiative and manage and prioritise own workload.
• Proven experience of successfully working under pressure, with multiple demands and in a busy environment.
• A confident, friendly and professional manner with the public and colleagues
• Able to interact confidently and build relationships with a wide range of types, at all levels.
• Flexible with a pro-active and creative approach to problem solving.
• Willing to pitch in and help others within the team, especially supporting all colleagues within the small fundraising team.
• Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality, and follow all GDPR (Data Protection) laws and guidelines.
Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Professional experience in an equivalent role within a charity or non-profit organisation.
• Experience in any administrative or secretarial role.
• Has experience of working with a CRM database such as Spektrix, Salesforce, Raisers Edge or similar.
• Experience of community centres and/or Jewish community organisations – having been an active member, instructor/teacher, volunteer and/or staff member in at least one.
• A demonstrable personal interest in strengthening Jewish community.
• A demonstrable personal interest in and experience of arts, culture and Jewish life.
• A desire to develop a career in a fundraising department.
Closing date: 24th September 2021
For more information and to be personally recommended for this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org