Credit Controller - Utilities Company (Manchester)
- Location: Manchester
- Sector: General Business
- Salary: £22-24K depending on experience
A utility company specialising in the apportionment, redistribution, and recovery of energy costs used in multi-tenanted properties. The service covers general gas, electricity and water consumption together with a comprehensive service for users of communal and district heating networks.
You will be responsible for a specific practice and associated debts. You will ensure that your debtor balances are regularly reviewed and followed up in line with our internal processes, as well as assisting others when required. You will work closely with other credit control team members to work towards weekly and monthly targets.
- Reporting to Operation Manager and working collaboratively with other credit controllers and customer services
- Reviewing all aged debt within your practice and manage collection
- Escalating aged debts to management
- Monthly reporting of clients and debt profiles
- Assisting with the allocation of funds
- Receive payments via credit/debit card
- Helping the customer services & billing team
- High levels of customer service contact and interaction.
- Ability to deal with emails, telephone calls and in-person queries, in a polite and efficient manner.
- Assisting team members and providing holiday cover as required
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Working to company procedures
- Attending weekly meetings
Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years experience as Credit Controller
- Experience in using Sage, Xero, Excel.
- Enthusiastic and proactive
- Flexible, ‘can-do’ approach to work.
- Confident in working autonomously/independently to exceed deadlines.
- Work under pressure and to prioritise workloads effectively.
- Results driven.
For more information and to be personally recommended for this role please contact email@example.com