Director of Social Enterprise - Work Avenue
- Location: Finchley
- Sector: Not for Profit
- Salary: c.£60,000 depending on experience
Work Avenue is looking for an experienced and visionary self-starter to launch and drive a new social enterprise to support people to earn a living. The social enterprise will train a cohort of job seeking clients in one of a number of disciplines, so they gain skills, qualifications (where relevant) and confidence to work. We will then offer their services to our entrepreneurial community to ensure they also have experience on their CV so they can gain more work in the future. At the same time, the entrepreneur gains a much needed service for their business.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about working in the Social Sector to maximise employment opportunities, be currently or may have recently worked in a business development or business management capacity and will be excited to work within a fast paced, challenging but rewarding customer service environment.
You will be responsible for progressing and enhancing the business and financial models for the enterprise, together with building the enterprise, staffing it and selling and delivering its services to small businesses to meet and exceed business targets. You will also be responsible for budget and revenue targets.
Key responsibilities include:
• Advancing the business and financial models for the enterprise
• Managing the provision of training and upskilling to the enterprise members in specific fields
• Business development and relationship management with potential and existing enterprise clients looking to purchase services;
• Quality control of all service delivery streams to ensure consistency of outputs to clients and the highest levels of customer satisfaction;
• Discussing our offering and approach and gathering feedback;
• Setting stretching but realistic sales targets for enterprise;
• Preparing and using a variety of sales tools – phone, flyer social media, distribution, emails, meetings, and anything else that may help grow the business;
• Building prospective customer databases
• Seeking out new opportunities, evaluating market potential and recommending service amendments where required;
• Generating and presenting monthly reports.
• Excellent communication skills, comfortable engaging with customers and writing and delivering information to a varied audience and at all levels;
• Excellent organisation skills;
• Ability to create business, organisational and financial models
• Strong sales management and implementation experience
• Hard-working and motivated;
• Creative and full of innovative approaches and ideas;
• Thorough and have good attention to detail;
• Highly personable and confident approaching new clients;
• Adaptable and able to work in a fast-growing/evolving business environment;
• Able to work on own initiative and up for whatever is thrown their way
Overall, the successful candidate will need to be hard-working, enthusiastic, and absolutely focused on the balance of upskilling enterprise members so they can earn a living and selling their services to entrepreneurs, so their businesses thrive. They will drive the enterprise forward with their proposed sales strategies. Relevant experience is necessary; however, enthusiasm and great ideas are most important to us.
Hours: Full time (part time may be considered)
Closing date for applications: 4th December 2020
Interviews: W/C 7th December 2020
Contact: Emma May- email@example.com