Income Manager- Agudas Israel Housing Association
- Location: North London
- Sector: Financial
- Salary: £45,000-£48,000
Reporting to: Director of Housing Services
Objective of Post: To ensure the income of the rents & service charges is maintained and that the targets set by AIHA are reached.
Regular Liaison With: Finance Department Tenants, Internal Department, Beth Din, Courts and Housing Benefit/Universal Credit Departments.
About the Company:
Agudas Israel Housing Association (AIHA), is a registered housing association whose main aims include providing good quality housing services for families in need and homes for frail and elderly.
AIHA owns and manages over 900 units in the London boroughs of Hackney, Haringey, and Barnet and in Salford - Greater Manchester, Canvey Island and Westcliff.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Responsible for the collection of rents from all tenants, leaseholder and other charges.
2. Inputting and operation of the Chics rent accounting system.
3. Weekly processing of cheques/cash and taking to the bank.
4. Annual Rent increases
5. Implementation and review of the arrears procedure.
6. To assist in the arrears performance, including meeting particular tenants.
7. Direct tenants to appropriate debt counselling services.
8. Liaising with our solicitors regarding specific/one off tenancies.
9. To prepare tenancy agreements and sign up new tenants ensuring tenants understand the terms of their tenancy.
10. Prepare and process (where applicable) the Direct Debit Mandate for tenants. Liaising with finance on setting up and amending.
11. To advise finance, Admin and Lettings officers of relevant details.
Housing Benefit Verification
12. To be trained and qualified to verify all legal documents for tenants and handle the submission in their behalf.
13. Daily checking of Universal Credit Portal for rent verification of tenants on UC.
14. Ensuring that day to day management and administration runs smoothly.
15. Supervision of record keeping, particularly in respect of tenants files.
16. To assist tenants in completing Housing Benefit forms where appropriate.
17. To maintain close links with all appropriate Housing Benefit personnel at local authorities level.
18. Maintain basic up to date knowledge of Housing Benefit and Benefit Rules.
19. Dealing with difficult tenant problems as referred by housing staff, including visiting when necessary.
20. Provide regular reports to senior Managers and to the Management Committee. The format of these reports will be discussed with the Chief Executive, Director of Housing Services and Finance Director.
21. At all times the post holder will implement the association’s equal opportunities policy as an integral part of their duties.
22. To carry out other duties commensurate with the above as directed by Chief Executive.
Education and Qualifications:
· Previous experience in housing or private sector
· Relevant qualification or equivalent gained by experience
· Experience in property income
· Customer focused
· Use of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
Knowledge / Skills:
· IT Skills relating to databases and spreadsheets
· Letter & Report writing
· Beth Din & Court procedures
Attributes/ Other Requirements:
· Willingness to be flexible and ability to manage time effectively.
· Good communication skills, inclusive of writing emails, letters a professional manner.
· Ability to prioritise own workload and ability to record detailed and accurate financial information.
· Disciplined and organised.
· Able to use initiative to resolve relevant financial issues.
To apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org