Bar/Batmitzvah Coordinator- GIFT
- Location: Hendon, NW4
- Sector: Community
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
Hours: c.15 hours p/week initially with a view to increase to 25 hours per week over time – some hours will be out of normal office hours (Most Sundays) (Hours to be discussed due to Covid-19.)
• To develop and implement a Bar/Batmitzvah programme for year 7’s (girls) and year 8’s (boys).
• Encourage and work with families to make their Bnei Mitzvah more meaningful by having a charity project or giving stall connected to it.
• Create fundraising opportunities for those celebrating their Bnei Mitzvah.
Areas of Responsibility:
• Develop an overall strategic plan to market GIFT’s Bar/Batmitzvah to the public, being sensitive to the various different expressions of Judaism.
• Being responsible for booking and implementing the Bnei Mitzvah stalls and projects, creating a relationship with the youngsters and their families including follow up after the Milestone has occurred.
• Liaise with graphics to create whatever marketing is needed to promote GIFT’s Bar/Batmitzvah programme.
• Create Bnei Mitzvah programmes in school and out of school focused on giving. Market, recruit and teach or oversee correct staff teaching the materials.
• To recruit and train Madrichim/Madrichot to run “Giving Stalls” at the Bnei Mitzvah parties.
• To create trips, competitions and challenges for both Bar and Batmitzvah boys and girls, and to run them if necessary, ensuring adequate staff is on the trip.
• Create KPI’s for staff that will be approved together with MD and line manager.
• Create and present budget to MD of GIFT for the year and then once approved, implement strategic plan according to the budget.
Personality / Experience:
We are looking for candidate who can demonstrate a number of these personality traits and experiences.
• Experience working with youth is essential.
• Confident to engage schools and parents.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Outgoing and proactive, demonstrating attention to detail and methodical in approach.
• Must be a self-starter, able to work on their own and manage multiple priorities.
• Computer literacy is essential.
• Able to educate and speak about Jewish concepts to both children and parents.
• Must have a good knowledge of Jewish communal life.
To apply for this role please contact email@example.com