Buildings Manager- CST
- Location: NW London
- Sector: Community
- Salary: Up to £35,000 depending on experience
DEPARTMENT: Compliance, Finance, IT and Admin
REPORTING TO: Director of Operations
As CST’s Buildings Manager, your primary focus is to oversee the safety and maintenance of Shield House and ensuring that this property is compliant with all applicable regulations. In addition recommending and coordinating improvements to the property as needed to ensure a safe, function and attractive space.
The role works closely with the Director of Finance and Administration, the Compliance Officer, the Health and Safety Office, the external building management company and other key personnel.
The role requires key handyman skills and the flexibility to be available by telephone outside of normal working hours to deal with any emergency affecting the property and to reasonably attend site out of normal working hours to deal with such emergencies.
Your key responsibilities for this role are as follows:
• Maintaining a safe environment with proper lighting, signage and disability access
• Drafting and updating emergency plans and evacuation procedures
• Assist in the coordination of maintenance procedures, service contracts and contractors on site, including the full compliance of and checking of Health and Safety legislation, regulations and best practice of contractors.
• Assist with the liaison and management of contractors and their representatives to include, ensuring all assignment instructions are maintained and up to date
• Contracting professionals for repairs as needed
• Ensuring occupant s are provided with proper utilities
• Arranging for building improvements
• Overseeing contractors and inspecting completed jobs
• Resolving complaints, problems and requests from building tenants
• Maintaining records of tenants
• Inspecting the building frequently for signs of damage or wear
• Assist and conduct regular testing of the fire systems at the site; act on any deficiencies and keep the Health and Safety Officer advised as they arise.
• To maintain awareness of legislative changes with regard to operational procedures at the property and, as necessary, attend training courses to ensure compliance with current legislation, regulations and best practice
• To carry out all general maintenance works and repairs
• Assisting with leaks and floods in the common part areas
• Assisting with lift breakdowns
• Assisting with rubbish distribution
• Changing of lightbulbs
• Painting and fixing cracks in walls.
In this role, you should have the following personal profile:
• Excellent communication skills with a natural ability to build strong relationships
• Exceptional problem-solving skills with a persistence to see issues resolved
• Superb organiser with a professional and mature manner
• Proactive and results orientated with the determination to see projects through from start to finish
• Customer orientated and understands the urgency of replying to customer requests in a timely fashion
For more information and to apply please contact email@example.com