Fundraising & Marketing Manager- WIZO
- Location: NW3 based office with some flexibility to work from home
- Sector: Marketing and PR
- Salary: To be discussed according to experience
Direct Line Manager and Accountability: CEO
Line Management Responsibility: Fundraising Team & Marketing Team
Hours of Work: 4 Days a week
Contract: 1 Year Fixed Term Contract (with a 3-month probation period)
Holiday entitlement: 20 days + 8 bank holidays + Jewish Holidays
WIZOuk is the founding member of World WIZO, a dynamic international movement with over 250,000 supporters in 50 countries fundraising to support WIZO’s work in Israel.
WIZO’s experience gained over 100 years responds to the changing social welfare needs of Israel society.
WIZO is recognised by the UN as an NGO and has consultative status to ESOCOC (the U N Economic & Social Council) and UNICEP
WIZO in the UK exists to raise funds for WIZO’s social welfare work that enables vulnerable and disadvantaged citizens of Israel, regardless of race, religion or gender, to become fulfilled individuals and so strengthening the fabric of Israel society.
For 100 years WIZOuk has been supporting education and life changing social welfare work, transforming the lives of millions of Israeli citizens. It is our vision to continue to fund these vital projects and programmes to ensure the increasing needs of an ever evolving society are met by giving people the tools to lift themselves out of despair and hardship and help bridge the social gap in Israel.
We are an organisation underpinned by a membership with a strong commitment to support WIZO’s work in Israel. The dedication of those people engaged with our work reflects the value placed on compassion, commitment, respect and the belief in the right for tall citizens of Israel to have the opportunity to be the best they can be, enabling fulfilled individuals and contributing members of society.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Fundraising and Marketing Manager is a key member of the Charity’s professional team with responsibility for developing and delivering our fundraising and marketing strategies, including management of donor relations. The role also has lead responsibility for marketing activity including media and digital channels, providing copy, and the development and growth of our reach across the UK.
In particular, the post holder will take overall responsibility for:
· Self-Motivated fundraising leadership, achieving agreed financial targets.
· Marketing and communications leadership managing teams to ensure we reach our 3-year goals for fundraising and engagement.
· Planning, budgeting and developing the fundraising and marketing functions.
· Promoting effective collaborative team working and a culture of professionalism, learning and development.
· To support and represent the CEO when required.
Fundraising Delivery and Implementation
· Review, develop, implement and manage our fundraising and marketing strategies in collaboration with the CEO.
· Have a creative approach to fundraising and fundraiser/donor engagement, recognising the special relationship fundraisers and donors have with WIZO.
· Provide guidance and leadership on events, community and individual giving fundraising.
· Strengthen these areas, adding to the portfolio where needed, finding creative solutions to engage new fundraisers and reactivating lapsed ones.
· Developing our fundraising strategy, bringing our fundraising work to new audiences.
· Add guidance and significant value to our growing area of individual giving (including in memoriam gifts, committed giving and legacies), establishing a marketing programme for each area.
· Work closely with Head of Membership and the team to Ensure an excellent Group/Supporter care programme, and to move group membership forward.
· Increase income generation by identifying and developing new revenue streams whilst maximising existing opportunities. Managing the efforts of the Fundraising team in respect of trusts and foundations, community, corporates, events, and campaigns.
· Manage and motivate the fundraising and marketing teams, ensuring excellent two-way communication.
· Ensure reporting, monitoring and evaluation processes are robust and provide the necessary information to the CEO.
· Manage consistent branding, fundraising and communication materials across the organisation.
· Ensure and support the fundraising team conduct thorough research to identify new avenues of potential funding.
· Building relationships with potential donors.
· Managing production of mailings to donors/supporters.
· Managing budgets for the department.
· Day to day people Management.
· Providing guidance and advice to the teams.
· Organisation of work outputs.
· Monitoring work processes.
· Measuring operational performance.
Marketing and communications
· Provide effective marketing leadership for the organisation in collaboration with the CEO and drive forward integrated marketing activities and campaigns.
· Take our brand to the next level.
· Ensure we have the activity and engagement pieces needed to connect with younger audiences.
· Increase reach, stakeholder engagement, income and advocacy, to foster long term supporters and growth for the charity.
· Alongside the CEO provide strategic leadership to ensure we have a clear strategy for marketing our services to the spectrum of targeted audiences.
· Provide creative and innovative solutions to increase the charity profile, working with the Creative Team to identify potential opportunities for new marketing campaigns.
· Manage existing and develop new marketing initiatives to attract targeted audiences
Examples: Commitment Awards (Business Community) Olive Tree Exhibition (Supporters of Diversity).
· Ensure we have the right offerings to engage audiences, including a strong case for support, for donors and supporters.
· Driving our digital strategy, injecting strategy, copy and expertise into our digital offering and ensuring team keep up to date with latest developments in the field, rolling out new ideas and activities where appropriate.
Direct Marketing & Individual Giving Fundraising
· Develop and execute direct mail fundraising campaigns – with specific focus on both print and e-versions for Newsletter and Fund Appeals.
· Prepare and distribute direct mail and marketing activity with donors. (if required).
· Develop email campaigns, direct mail appeals and annual campaigns.
· Oversee management of all digital communication with donors relating to e-appeals
· Manage content for Newsletters.
· Where appropriate conduct follow-up to sustain and advance prospective donor relationships.
· Ensure all communication activities with supporters are recorded on the relevant database.
· Donor Engagement Individual donor acquisitions
· Ensure building and management of internal and external networks to assist in identification, cultivation and solicitation of donors and support
· Nurturing and Engaging with existing Donors
· Maintain donor relationships through the development and implementation of appropriate donor journeys.
· Design and prepare all necessary materials to support donor journeys including thank you/acknowledgement letters.
· Convert one-off donors into regular givers and increase gift sizes from existing donors. Graduate existing donors towards Legacy givers.
Capabilities and person specification
· Experience in fundraising, marketing and communications.
· Confident to approach major donors/potential major donors to secure donations.
· Ability to work unsupervised and manage departmental teams and own workload, working to set deadlines and ability to prioritise accordingly with the willingness and enthusiasm to help balance the workload of other team members when necessary.
· Strong attention to detail to ensure work is carried out with accuracy and the quality expected.
· Highly organised with ability to prioritise varied workload.
· To work in a professional manner and develop effective working relationships with colleagues, donors and stakeholders.
· Proactive approach, seizing opportunities to generate funds to support the charity’s objectives.
· Excellent communication skills including the ability to write clear and persuasive copy and to communicate effectively over the telephone with committed supporters.
· Good understanding and experience of marketing methods and channels/social media environment.
· Competent computing skills and experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and knowledge of database systems.
· Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
· Knowledge of Jewish community and organisations.
· Good presentation skills.
· Experience of marketing within a cultural organisation.
· Previous experience of working within, or knowledge of the charitable sector.
· Managing professional relationships with managers and employees at all levels.
· Proven experience as a proactive team member contributing to the success of the wider team and organisational goals, being able to undertake tasks on all levels.
· Flexibility to attend out of hours meetings/events.
· Availability for occasional travel within the UK ,and potential visit/s to Israel.
To apply, please send your full Curriculum Vitae by email to Gina Rubner: email@example.com