Operations Administrator- Popcorn Shed
- Location: Finchley, North London. Possibility to work from home after initial training period in the office
- Sector: Administration
- Salary: £22,000 - £24,000 dependent on experience
Working hours: 37.5 hours a week, 5 days a week (Monday to Friday), 9am – 5.30pm (could be 9.30 – 6pm). Open to flexible working dependent on skillset.
Reports to: Operations & Finance Director
Popcorn Shed is a dynamic, fast-growing food and gift business, based in Finchley, North London. Our brand offers delicious, all natural gourmet popcorn snacks and gifts. We are experiencing rapid growth both with wholesalers and retailers as well as our ground breaking on-line business. This is a ground floor opportunity to grow your career within a sales-driven environment.
We require a talented individual to manage our order book and provide financial processing support to the team.
We are looking for an organised, hardworking and determined person with initiative and good interpersonal skills who can take ownership of this position.
This is a fast-paced role, ideal for you to develop your account management experience within FMCG, food gifting and e-commerce.
There are three parts to the role; order processing & customer service, stock control and finance processing.
Order Processing & Customer Service
- You will be the lead point of contact responsible for processing all wholesale B2B and consumer B2C sales orders. You will own the supply side of our e-commerce business, including Amazon, NotOnTheHighStreet.com and Shopify. You’ll liaise with our warehouse and production partners, as well as operations & sales personnel and be responsible for processing orders, dealing with queries and communicating with both wholesale and consumer customers on their orders.
- You’ll support the sales team with new enquiries and data entry, and provide day to day administrative support to the wider team.
- You’ll work to continuously improve our supply chain, optimising efficiency, quality, service, and cost.
- You will be responsible for undertaking regular stock takes across several locations in the UK.
- You will support the Operations & Finance Director with procurement and production orders for stock and raw materials.
- You’ll also take charge of day-to-day financial management, including undertaking cash book reconciliations, credit control & accounts payable support. With the help of Xero, you’ll prepare monthly management accounts and be responsible for bookkeeping and various accounting activities.
You should have a background of working within an order processing/accounts position, with prior inventory management software experience essential. Accounting software experience is also essential, with Xero software experience much preferred.
You will have experience in operations in the retail/wholesale sector, be highly numerate and have a good working knowledge of palletisation, pallets and supply chain networks.
You’ll be proficient in IT, with a proven track record in learning new software. Ideally, you’ll have knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Google Drive software (Docs, Sheets and Slides). We are looking for an individual that is highly numerate and able to learn new software quickly.
- Good interpersonal skills and telephone manner are essential.
- Excellent writing & verbal communication skills.
- Fantastic attention to detail but ability to zoom out to think strategically.
- Well-organised self-starter who can multi-task, take the reins and take ownership over this part of the business.
- A ‘can do’ attitude who is excited to be in a fast-paced start-up and help build the culture of the Popcorn Shed team.
- A problem solver, who is resourceful and can take ownership over finding solutions to issues as and when they arise.
- You should live within 45 minutes’ commuting time of Finchley Central, N3.
For more information and to apply please contact email@example.com