Health & Safety Officer- CST
- Location: NW London
- Sector: Community
- Salary: £35,000-£40,000
As a Health and Safety Officer your key focus will be to execute and develop the organisation’s Health and Safety Compliance Strategy. In addition, you will be expected to facilitate the implementation of Health & Safety management systems ensuring legal compliance and safe systems of work are adhered to. In your role you will also advise, consult or train on operational and strategic Health & Safety issues.
It would be advantage if you have had experience of working with volunteers in a professional environment.
• Create and refine Health & Safety arrangements and Safe Working Methods (SWMs) for office spaces, staff and volunteers
• Develop and maintain a safe working environment and safe systems of work for office spaces, staff and volunteers
• Implementation of workplace Health & Safety audits/inspection programmes
• Ensuring systems in place for the effective investigation of accidents and incidents
• Ensure that an effective programme is in place for the assessment of risk and implementation of control & management systems
• Ensure that an effective programme is in place for the reporting and management of hazards
• Ensure all relevant areas of the organisation are kept up to date with new/changes in Health & Safety legislation
The ideal candidate should have:
• Ability to demonstrate understanding of current Health & Safety legislation with a proven ability to influence and develop relationships at all levels within the business
• Excellent communication skills with a natural ability to build strong relationships
• Exceptional problem-solving skills with a persistence to see issues resolved
• Superb organiser with a professional and mature manner
• Proactive and results orientated with the determination to see projects through from start to finish
• Customer orientated and understands the urgency of replying to requests in a timely fashion
• Ability to manage changing workloads and conflicting priorities at short notice
To apply, please contact email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 30 September 2020 but may close earlier if a suitable candidate is found.