Head of Finance & Administration- Joint Jewish Burial Society
- Location: Split between Cheshunt and working from home
- Sector: Financial
- Salary: £44,000 (pro rata'd to part time hours)
The Joint Jewish Burial Society are seeking to appoint a Head of Finance & Administration. This is a part time role 15-20 hours per week, working partially from Cheshunt and partially from home.
- Preparation of Accounts and financial reporting. This task to include preparation of budgets, management accounts and statutory accounts.
- Management of all financial aspects of the Society’s activity, including liaison with auditors and authorities, preparation of invoices and collection of receivables, payments (with the sextons), payroll, bank accounts and investments (the latter in conjunction with the Vice-Chair).
- Management of the database record of funerals due and conducted.
- Responsibility for other administrative aspects of the Society’s affairs, including, for the purpose of example only, compliance with GDPR, management of the Society’s records and administration of insurance.
- Responsibility for the contractual and financial aspects of capital and revenue projects.
- Responsibility for prices paid and contractual relationship with suppliers.
- Responsibility for ensuring compliance with all regulatory authorities including the Charities Commission, Companies House, HMRC, and other legal and regulatory obligations.
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a related subject
- Hold a recognised accounting qualification.
Skills & Abilities
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate the following:-
• Good accounting skills
• Database management skills
• Strong analytical skills with an ability to input and interpret complex data using IT systems
• Ability to motivate a small team
• Ability to deal with a variety of daily issues, meet deadlines, work under pressure and prioritise work with minimum supervision
• An ability to identify improvements required and automate and streamline
• Strong communication skills both orally and in writing
• The ability to build strong working relationships with stakeholders
• Ability and willing to work as part of a team, taking responsibility for own accountabilities whilst supporting and sharing knowledge with others to ensure timely and accurate reporting
• An ability to identify and implement system/process improvements
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate experience of:-
• Preparation of regular management accounts
• Managing a small team
• Preparing for year-end audit
• Preparation of statutory accounts
• Reviewing information, providing commentary and audit trail
• Management of IT function
• Working within the not for profit sector
• Running monthly payroll
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:-
• Basic requirements for the employment of staff
• GDPR requirements
• Fully competent in using accounting software (we use Sage) and MS Office particularly Excel
• Ability to take on new tasks and projects
• Able to maintain confidentiality at all times
• Lateral and creative thinker in order to solve accounting problems
• Knowledge of Jewish ritual and life-cycle events
We would like someone who is able and happy to work flexibly to meet the needs of the organisation, and has a natural ability to network and form relationships.
If you have any questions or to apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org