Support Worker- Langdon
- Location: Edgware & Borehamwood
- Sector: Community
- Salary: £9.56 - £10.51 per hour dependent on experience
Langdon have exciting opportunities for Support Worker to join their growing team based in Edgware / Borehamwood.
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time & bank staff positions
Langdon was founded in 1992 by four parents of children with learning difficulties who found there were no organisations that enabled young adults with similar needs to lead an independent life.
From those early beginnings, Langdon’s services have steadily grown and we now help over 100 young Jewish people, providing education, supported living and employment services. We are proud that our members lead independent lives that, without Langdon, their parents could only dream about.
Support Worker will be expected to work flexible hours which will involve working early and late shifts, including sleep in’s, weekends and bank holidays in accordance with client need.
Support Worker will be required to work individually and as part of a team to support and enable individuals to live as independently as possible by assisting individuals to develop new and existing skills. You will also be responsible for working with our employment team to facilitate employment opportunities and assisting and supporting individuals to enjoy an active social life.
Support Worker - Key Responsibilities:
- To assist in supporting Individuals in designing and developing their support/care plans and reviews
- To assist and support Individuals to achieve goals that link to the Langdon Mission
- To contribute to the monitoring of Individuals’ progress, assessment and maintain records.
- To be responsible for reading and working to Langdon Policy & Procedure, with particular regard to the Jewish Ethos and Culture
Support Worker – You:
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- You must have a good standard of written English
- Previous experience of working with adults with Learning Disabilities, Autism and Asperger’s Syndrome is desirable but not essential
Full training will be given to the successful applicant.
If you are looking for a fresh challenge, enjoy engaging with people, have a real desire to make a difference to someone’s life and the skills required to help us deliver a high level of service to our Members, then we want to hear from you.
Please note this post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure and Barring service.