Lead Support Worker- Langdon
- Location: Edgware & Borehamwood
- Sector: Community
- Salary: £22,444.50
Langdon have exciting opportunities for a Lead Support Worker to join their growing team based in Edgware and Borehamwood, London.
Langdon was founded in 1992 by four parents of children with learning difficulties who found there were no organisations that enabled young adults with similar needs to lead an independent life.
From those early beginnings, Langdon’s services have steadily grown and we now help over 100 young Jewish people, providing education, supported living and employment services. We are proud that our members lead independent lives that, without Langdon, their parents could only dream about.
The Lead Support Worker provides a person-centred service to all members, building relationships with them, their families and the local community.
The role is also responsible for supporting a team of support workers to enable our members to live as independently as possible.
Lead Support Worker - Key Responsibilities:
- Work with members and their families, supporting them in the decisions they make about how they live their lives and ensuring that personal needs are met.
- To work in collaboration with the Service Manager to ensure Support Plans and Risk assessments are relevant and up to date.
- To ensure that all members are aware of all social, recreational and community opportunities and events and facilitating any necessary access.
- Lead a team of support workers to promote and maintain a person-centred service provision.
- To promote and adhere to the workplace values.
Lead Support Worker – You:
- Good standard of written and verbal English.
- NVQ/QCF Level 2 in Health & Social Care.
- Ability to identify risk and implement action plans.
- Previous experience of maintaining accurate records
What we offer:
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays + 3 days for Jewish Holidays
- Study leave
- Free DBS screening
- Development and career progression opportunities
If you are looking for a fresh challenge, enjoy engaging with people, have a real desire to make a difference to someone’s life and the skills required to help us deliver a high level of service to our Members, then we want to hear from you.