Community Fundraising & Communications Officer- Jewish Deaf Association
- Location: NW London
- Sector: Community
- Salary: £16,000-£18,000 (21 hours per week)
If you are looking for a rewarding career in an uplifting environment, and interested in using your creative, fundraising, communication and administrative skills to develop the positioning of and raise funds for a growing charity which enables deaf people to get the very best out of life … then this could be the job for you!
The successful candidate must have previous experience in a similar role within the charitable or voluntary sector and experience of working independently in a busy environment.
The first port of call for JDA supporters, a key member of the JDA staff team and working closely with committees, the successful candidate will have a warm, friendly personality, a helpful nature and a positive, “can do” attitude.
With excellent organisational, administrative, computer and people skills, you will take pride in doing a great job and happily be involved in every aspect of raising the JDA’s profile and reputation and increasing funds to ensure its development year on year.
You will have the ability to stay calm and keep smiling whilst constantly managing changing priorities, lots of energy and enthusiasm, a resourceful nature and a proven ability to apply initiative and common sense to tasks, dealing with issues efficiently and with good humour.
You will have excellent written and verbal English and be able to create high quality publications and materials.
The JDA employs a highly committed, extremely supportive, yet stretched, team. Given the charity’s growth, we now need someone who will thrive on the pressure and variety of the role and play a pivotal part in enabling the charity to maximise its income and impact.
The successful applicant for this position will have the following attributes:
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of three years’ experience of working with minimal supervision on event management and administration
• Experience of working within a charitable or voluntary organisation
• Fundraising experience
• Experience of working independently in a busy environment
• Experience of establishing, maintaining, analysing and reporting complex spreadsheet systems
Not essential, but helpful
• Experience of producing a community newsletter or publication
• Experience of working within the Jewish community
• Experience of using social media to effectively promote and build growing numbers of followers
• Experience of delivering presentations and information to individuals and groups
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Demonstrable ability to write compelling communications in a variety of formats – including letters, reports, fundraising appeals and newsletters, presentations and online content
• Patient relationship builder, able to develop and maintain a rapport with a range of different people and organisations
• Proficient in advanced database management and analysis (JDA currently uses Blackbaud’s ETapestry system)
• Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency to a high standard in Windows-based software packages including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Ability to demonstrate flair and creativity
• High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal English
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
• Ability to engage positively and constructively with people of all levels, individually or in a group
• Excellent telephone manner
• Strong organisational skills and efficiency
• Ability to take responsibility for a project and see it through from start to finish
• Ability to work to strict deadlines
• Resilience to manage multiple demands whilst maintaining an organised work environment
• Ability to focus and work considerately in an open-plan office
Not essential, but helpful
• Proficiency in InDesign or other page layout software
• Proficiency in Photoshop or other design software
• Understanding of Jewish culture and community
• British Sign Language
Hours: 21 hours per week
For a full job description and to apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org