Outreach Services Programme Coordinator- Jewish Care
- Location: London, NW11
- Sector: Community
- Salary: £25,000-£30,000 plus benefits
Do you wish you had a job that brings people together and improves their lives? Are you a creative organiser who’d like to have a positive impact on the community. Jewish Care is looking for a new Outreach Services Programme Coordinator who can put his or her talents into running our community-based services in the North-West London Community Hub. The role is based in Golders Green (36.25 hours a week) and offers a salary of £30,000 per annum along with sustained career development and staff benefits. Our company genuinely cares about its employees and their success, so you’ll be encouraged to develop your leadership and management skills in a way that enables you run these essential services efficiently and effectively.
What you’ll be doing:
• You will be responsible for the development and day-to-day operational running of the community centre’s evening and weekend services aimed at reducing social isolation and encouraging people to live well.
• You will work alongside relevant colleagues to develop and run Supportive Communities, Community Dementia Projects, Befriending and Telephone Befriending.
• You will manage the wellbeing, development and performance of Outreach staff and volunteers.
• You will liaise with internal and external colleagues to ensure that the physical environment and catering services are safe and well run.
• You will assist with relevant staff and volunteers to ensure that new services and programming are implemented and managed in line with agreed standards and KPIs.
• You will collaborate with Community Development and Community Engagement colleagues to develop new services in association with partner agencies.
• You will work closely with the Centre Coordinator to develop and run Support Services for members such as hospital/GP assistance, help with shopping and other supported tasks.
• You are educated to degree level or have equivalent experience in social care, social work, community work or dementia.
• You have extensive experience in an Outreach role, working with older and/or disabled people and people living with dementia, either in a personal or professional capacity.
• You are a people-person who has strong experience in people-management and enjoy collaborating with others.
• You are confident in your knowledge of relevant legislation, DOLS and adult safeguarding practice, and knowledge of the Jewish community is a bonus!
• You have exceptional customer service skills along with high levels of creativity and resourcefulness
• You possess the ability to work within tight deadlines and budgets due to your strong administrative, organisational and managerial skills.
Why you’ll love working with us
No matter how old or young you are, if you want to make a difference where it’s needed most, see what we have to offer. On top of providing some of the most competitive rates of pay in the care industry, we give some excellent benefits including: 4% employer contribution pension, training, free meals, childcare vouchers, eye tests, employee referral bonus, and a generous mileage allowance for work – the list goes on!
We are a team of many different backgrounds and cultures
Jewish Care is the leading health and social care charity serving the Jewish community in the UK. Though our clients are all of a similar religious tradition, our staff represent diverse cultures and faiths, bringing their own unique perspectives and individuality to their roles.
For further information or to apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org