Community Fundraising Executive- Jewish Care
- Location: NW London
- Sector: Community
- Salary: £26,622 plus benefits
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Community Fundraising Executive for up to 12 months to cover maternity leave. This will enable us to develop and expand our existing community fundraising work with a range of stakeholders ranging from local fundraising committees and community based events to individual supporters. The role would suit a proactive and organised person, with community fundraising experience, capable of thinking strategically, creating opportunities and engaging with people at all levels.
What you'll be doing:
- Assisting the Senior Community Fundraiser to implement the community fundraising strategy with a focus on growing the local events portfolio and activities in order to maximise supporter engagement and income for Jewish Care.
- Driving the recruitment of new committees and individual fundraisers by targeting new groups and demographics in order to grow the supporter base on a local level.
- Working with individual fundraisers acting as their main contact in order to provide all necessary support on their fundraising journey.
- Increasing awareness of local committee activity to insure all opportunities for engagement are used and maximum exposure is achieved.
- Promoting communication between each committee and Jewish Care through the development of committee newsletters in order to improve information sharing across the organisation and community fundraisers.
- Be the liaison between Jewish Care resource managers and each committee to ensure clear lines of communication with regard to the allocation of funds and moneys raised.
- Accurately updating, financial and supporter records to allow for financial planning and reporting.
- Cash handling, banking, acknowledging and receipting income in accordance with Jewish Care’s policies and procedures
- Liaising with schools to support and encourage their fundraising activities on behalf of Jewish Care.
What you'll need :
- Degree level or equivalent (desirable).
- At least 2 years’ experience of working within a community fundraising environment.
- Experience of events organisation and fundraising in local communities (desirable).
- Experience of managing and delivering budgets to target (desirable).
- Experience of working with volunteers (desirable).
- Familiarity with the geographical area this role will cover including existing links to community groups and individuals (desirable).
- Administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, including project and financial planning skills (essential).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office package including Outlook, Internet Explorer, Word, Excel andPowerpoint (essential).
- Experience of Donor/Fundraising Databases (eg. Raisers Edge) (desirable).
- UK driving licence and have use of your own vehicle for work.
The nature of this role will require occasional evening and weekend working, on these occasions time off in lieu will be given. The post is fixed term for up to 12 months to cover maternity leave and is for 36.25 hours per week.
This vacancy will close on Tuesday 21st January 2020. Interviews will be held during January. The successful candidate would be expected to work alongside the post holder prior to maternity leave.
For more information and to apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org