Programme Manager- The S&P Sephardi Community
- Location: NW London
- Sector: Community
- Salary: £25,000-£28,000 depending on experience
The S&P Sephardi Community – originally founded as The Spanish and Portuguese Jews’
Congregation – was founded in 1657 as a consequence of the famous petition to Cromwell
The community has grown considerably under the leadership of Rabbi Dweck with synagogues in Bevis Marks, Lauderdale Road and Wembley as well as many other affiliated synagogues within the Sephardi Community, and we are currently seeking ways to further grow the membership. Our programming has developed; however we are now looking for someone to take ownership of a wide variety of programming and education activities
across all areas for the S&P. Audiences include our synagogue members, members of the affiliated synagogues, attendees at our lectures in Hendon and other communities as well as city professionals and the wider Jewish community.
We now seek a new Programme Manager who will reach out to engage existing audiences and develop new audiences with a drive to increasing membership of the community.
Purpose of the role
To develop and implement an engaging year-round programme of activities for the membership of The S&P and wider audiences and ultimately to encourage wider audiences to become members of The S&P.
To work closely with the Fundraising Manager, creating programmes that can help increase our annual revenue.
Fixed term 1 year contract with the possibility of extending.
4 days per week with potential for flexibility.
1. To develop and implement a programme of events for both members and nonmembers including lectures, luncheons, religious gatherings, etc. These events to be across the Jewish education and social spectrum.
2. To deliver the programme in a creative and cost-effective manner and within budget.
3. To ensure that each published programme and event is planned within an appropriate time scale and delivered on time and planned with the relevant people.
4. To reach out to affiliated communities and include them within the S&P programme.
5. To develop, negotiate and manage new programming partnerships and agreements and to produce a published programme that covers all programming for Jewish festivals and events for the community.
6. To work with press and media and ensure in particular that all programme press releases and photographs are issued accordingly.
7. To generally focus on community engagement for existing members and establish
new and innovative ways of involvement.
8. To engage with new members of the community and those with important lifecycle
events to further their involvement with programme and activity
9. To take responsibility for the programming budget and monitor performance within it.
1. Experience of managing the delivery of activities and events within a successful community organisation.
2. Excellent community skills, written and spoken
3. A high level of Jewish and general cultural literacy
4. Ability to work on own initiative and without direction; ability to structure own time, use initiative, prioritise effectively to deliver on key goals set with CEO and Senior Rabbi
5. Excellent IT skills, including demonstrable use of Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Databases
6. Knowledge of wordpress is an advantage.
7. Demonstrable programming experience
8. Experience of working within the set objectives, time scales and budget
To apply please contact email@example.com