Head of Major Gifts
- Sector: Community
- Salary: c.£40000 depending on experience
- Employer: British Friends of United Hatzalah
United Hatzalah of Israel is the largest independent, non-profit, fully volunteer emergency medical service organisation that provides the fastest and free emergency medical first response throughout Israel.
The Head of Major Gifts will be working with the CEO to lead the development and execution of BFUH’s short and long-term strategies with a view to creating stakeholder value. More specifically, the duties and responsibilities include the following:
High net worth individuals: Planning, developing and implementing a research strategy that will support the recruitment, retention and development of major donors. Establishing and managing strong relationships with past, current and prospective high net worth individuals, delivering the highest possible levels of supporter care; Formulating personalised stewardship plans and establish effective systems to collate information about them, ensuring CRM is fully maintained.
Trusts & Foundations: Researching, designing, writing and submitting funding applications to trusts and foundation bodies. Account manage and building relationships with relevant funders ensuring all donors are canvassed in a relevant way.
Personally, raising significant funds from HNW individuals, trusts & foundations and meeting agreed targets.
Essential Skills and Experience for Head of Major Gifts:
• Proven fundraising track record with relevant minimum experience of 3 years.
• Proven successful experience of “making the ask” to a range of donors in the £3k- £50k bracket.
• Building successful relationships with HNW individual and trusts & foundations donors.
• Demonstrable experience of working on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Confident, tenacious and ambitious, driven by results.
• Successfully working under pressure, with multiple demands and in a changing environment.
• Excellent written and verbal English communication, presentation and numeracy skills.
• Motivated, highly organised, with initiative and good time management skills.
• Extremely thorough – with attention to detail, consistently high levels of follow-through and strong organisational skills, being both efficient and effective.
• Outgoing, friendly and willing to pitch in and help others within the team.
• Flexibility with a pro-active and creative approach to problem solving.
• Solid IT skills, including using fundraising/CRM software (preferably Salesforce), databases Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet, Outlook etc.
• Understanding of and commitment to the values, aims and objectives of United Hatzalah of Israel.
• Shows passion and commitment to furthering United Hatzalah of Israel vision and goals.
• Is articulate, charismatic and dynamic and can motivate others.
• Has a professional, confident and friendly manner and a professional/smart appearance.
• Has a proactive and flexible approach to work, including a willingness to work outside their regular hours on occasion as required.
• Has passion, drive, commitment & personal integrity.