Head of Marketing and Events
- Sector: Community
- Salary: c.£40,000 dependent upon experience
- Employer: British Friends of United Hatzalah
United Hatzalah of Israel is the largest independent, non-profit, fully volunteer emergency medical service organisation that provides the fastest and free emergency medical first response throughout Israel.
The Head of Marketing and Events will be working with the CEO to lead the development and execution of BFUH’s short and long-term strategies with a view to creating stakeholder value. More specifically, the duties and responsibilities include the following:
Events: organising and managing all the charity events - annual dinner, receptions, synagogues’ scholar-in-residence & activities, and other campaigns.
Young Professionals: Developing and managing the Young Professionals division – establishing the group leadership, recruiting members, creating activities and work with the group to raise funds and publicity.
Mailing campaigns: Creating 2 mailing/ on-line campaigns each year, segment database and manage the design, creation and delivery of the campaigns to donors and prospects.
General office management: Implementing and managing procedures for the smooth running of the UK charity including all suppliers. Paying invoices (liaising with the charity accountant), Producing monthly income/ expenditure report and reconciliation of bank account.
Record keeping and filing systems: Managing and recording all BFUH donor relations and financial activities on Salesforce and the creation and management of reporting.
Public enquiries: Responding to enquiries from the public or supporters received by email or phone. Liaising with the media on behalf of the charity when required and actively raising the charity’s profile with sympathetic media.
Essential Skills and Experiences:
• Proven fundraising track record with relevant minimum experience of 3 years, preferably within the community.
• Proven track record of marketing and event management
• Demonstrable experience of working on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Confident, tenacious and ambitious, driven by results.
• Successfully working under pressure, with multiple demands and in a changing environment.
• Excellent written and verbal English communication, presentation and numeracy skills.
• Motivated, highly organised, with initiative and good time management skills.
• Extremely thorough – with attention to detail, consistently high levels of follow-through and strong organisational skills, being both efficient and effective.
• Outgoing, friendly and willing to pitch in and help others within the team.
• Flexibility with a pro-active and creative approach to problem solving.
• Solid IT skills, including using fundraising/CRM software (preferably Salesforce), databases Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet, Outlook etc.
• Understanding of and commitment to the values, aims and objectives of United Hatzalah of Israel.
• Shows passion and commitment to furthering United Hatzalah of Israel vision and goals.
• Is articulate, charismatic and dynamic and can motivate others.
• Has a professional, confident and friendly manner and a professional/smart appearance.
• Has a proactive and flexible approach to work, including a willingness to work outside their regular hours on occasion as required.
• Has passion, drive, commitment & personal integrity.