Communications and Digital Officer - New Israel Fund
- Location: East Finchley
- Sector: Not for Profit
- Salary: £23,000 – £25,000
- Employer: New Israel Fund
The communications & digital officer will be responsible for delivering a clear and confident message about the New Israel Fund’s work in advancing democracy and justice in Israel across our digital and
offline channels. This role is divided into three key areas; digital communications, fundraising communications and programming communications. The communications & digital officer will also coordinate our formal media work, supporting the CEO who will lead in this area.
Ideal candidates will have a strong working knowledge of social media, an understanding of digital marketing and/or UX (User Experience) and good written communication skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of our growth ambitions, developing content and strategies for engaging with our existing audiences and for reaching new ones. This is a broad, varied
and fast-paced role, both creative and strategic, and a vital role within the organisation.
- Managing online campaigns and developing digital content.
- Managing the organisations social media channels including Facebook and Twitter.
- Maintaining and developing the website.
- Creating the organisation’s monthly newsletter and contributing both in design and content to other regular communications.
- Data analytics.
- Supporting on the development of fundraising literature including reports, proposals and marketing materials.
- Supporting direct marketing appeals and campaigns.
- Supporting the Programming Director and the Outreach & Engagement Coordinator with marketing for all events.
- Designing and creating printed materials for events.
- Working closely with the CEO to co-ordinate the New Israel Funds formal media work.
- Managing relationships with relevant suppliers.
The post holder will also be expected to contribute to the effective running of our busy office.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and project management skills with the ability to assess, prioritise and manage a varied workload and competing priorities across a busy team.
- Excellent attention to detail - ensuring the quality and accuracy of materials.
- Good IT skills including MS Office and databases.
- Experience of managing social media channels including Facebook and Twitter.
- Additional IT or visual design skills would be an advantage.
- Enthusiasm and creativity.
- Self-starter – the post holder will need to be able to initiate and finish projects, working to deadlines and managing a variety of tasks. This will require the ability to take responsibility to complete tasks and to manage their time effectively.
- Ability to take ‘ownership’ of their key responsibilities and the resultant outputs.
- Expectations on Post holder
- Affinity with the values and work of New Israel Fund. There are no particular expectations about knowledge of NIF’s work in Israel, though the post-holder should have a desire to learn more about NIF’s work and be passionate about communicating it.
- Attending events when necessary.
- Being an enthusiastic and positive member of the NIF team.