Recruitment and Development Coordinator - JLGB
- Location: East London
- Sector: Community
- Salary: £18,000 to £23,000 dependant on experience
- Employer: JLGB
JLGB are seeking to employ a Recruitment and Development Coordinator to expand the membership of its weekly activity groups across the UK.
JLGB’s core activities include local weekly groups across the country alongside national events, residential camps and international tours. JLGB focus on the individual and aim to recognise and enhance every young person’s potential, building their character to develop their leadership, communication, organisation, initiative, resilience, confidence and creativity. Our local weekly groups have skilled up and empowered Jewish young people across the UK, giving them a wide range of new skills while honing their unique abilities to enable them to achieve in the future.
The core function of this role is to deliver a measured project to widen participation in JLGB weekly activity groups, events and camps. The successful candidate will work in schools and at community and youth groups to recruit young participants and adult volunteers to take part in and deliver local JLGB weekly activities. This role will support existing groups to expand and the establishment of new JLGB groups as part of a nationwide project aiming to provide enhanced opportunities to Jewish young people.
We are looking for an experienced individual with an enthusiastic and positive outlook to join the team who has a background in recruiting young people and volunteers. You will have responsibility for managing your own workload so will be proficient at working independently, meeting deadlines and reaching agreed target numbers.
This role will give you the challenge and opportunity to:
- Expand the membership of existing weekly activity groups
- Set up new weekly activity groups
- Engage and train new adult volunteers
- Support existing volunteers
- Increase participation of Jewish young people across JLGB’s camps, events and tours
The chosen candidates will be hard-working, enthusiastic and reliable and will need to be sensitive to the needs of faith communities when working with JLGB’s young stakeholders and their families, and be respectful of their observance, dietary and practise needs.
Based at JLGB HQ, in East London this is a full time position and for a one year period with the potential to be extended, depending upon future funding. Due to the nature of this role, evening and weekend working will be required.
- Knowledge of volunteer recruitment and retention concepts
- Knowledge of youth recruitment and retention concepts
- Experience of the professional voluntary sector, including working with or as a volunteer
- Talent to communicate effectively with both young people and adults
- Ability to build, maintain and facilitate effective relationships with a wide range of people
- First class organiser able to keep accurate records with sharp computing skills
- Full clean UK driving license
- Knowledge of JLGB or a similar voluntary sector youth organisation
- Experience of working with young people from different faiths, backgrounds and communities
- Experience of working with schools and youth groups
- Ability to create and implement project plans, timelines and reports
- Experience of setting up and developing projects
- Knowledge of current issues and government policies affecting young people
- Committed to ensuring high standards and quality programmes
- Flexible lateral approach and ability to use own initiative to solve problems
- Self-motivated, able to plan, manage and monitor own tasks and time
- Commitment to JLGB’s vision, mission and values