A range of business workshops to help you grow and develop your business
Step-up Networking Skills
Runs every 6 weeks – 9.30am-12.30pm
Gain practical skills in expanding your network and leveraging your contacts in your search for work or for your business.
Topics include: Mapping your network and reaching out, creating your elevator pitch, creating and using a LinkedIn profile.
How to Build a Brilliant Brand – Marketing Workshop, facilitated by Lisa Woodward Icing Marketing
Wednesday 22nd May – 9.30am-12.30pm
Learn how to create a brand that outshines the rest and attracts your desired clients or audience through a compelling brand image and narrative.
Most organisations understand the value of marketing in promoting their business and activities. But your “brand” is your starting point – from how it looks and speaks, to the reputation it builds over time. It is vital to have your branding thinking in place before doing any other marketing activity because, if you want to promote what you do in a way that is interesting and compelling to your target audience, everything hinges off it.
This workshop will cover:
- What is a brand and why is it important?
- The importance of understanding your target audience
- How to make your brand relevant to them, considering: brand image (looking beyond the logo), brand structure and messages (incl. how to adapt your messages to other stakeholders, e.g. investors), brand credibility
- A framework for reviewing how you project your brand and business
Facilitated by brand consultant and trainer Lisa Woodward from ICING Marketing, who will share her 25 years+ experience of brand marketing in a practical and accessible format.
Sales for Start Ups Workshop
Thursday 4th July – 9.30am-12.30pm
Finding new customers, increasing revenue and growing your business through sales requires forward planning and an effective sales technique. This half-day workshop will provide you with all the tools, techniques and help you will need to make finding new customers as straightforward as possible.
What the course will cover:
- Identifying which markets and customers you want to target
- Setting out the target customer criteria
- How to reach this target audience – marketing and sales campaigns
- Setting business development goals and sales targets
- Measuring success
- Identifying critical sales activities
- Planning what research is required before you make contact with a new client
- Identifying the stakeholders that are involved in the decision making process
- How to open up a conversation
- Understanding client needs and situation – questioning and establishing sales opportunities
- Presenting a relevant sales pitch
- How to close and get commitment from the customer
Managing Cashflow Workshops
Wednesday 18th September – 9.30am-12.30pm
Cashflow is the life blood of any business. If you are starting up your business or its already off the ground, this workshop will cover some basics of projecting and managing your cashflow.
The main focus of the workshop will be you putting your own cashflow projection together.
Work Avenue Business Adviser, Hannah Mindel, a chartered accountant by profession, will be facilitating the workshop and there to help and guide as you take control of the numbers in your business.