Our jobs board is constantly changing with new jobs being added every day. If you would like to apply for any of the jobs we are advertising, please be in touch with your Work Avenue adviser or contact email@example.com stating which role you are interested in.
£14.42 per hour
Applications accepted on a rolling basis
Hours: Part-time, 28 hours per week.
COMMITMENT TO OUR VALUES:
To work with both service users and colleagues, in a way which is in line with the values of the organisation, namely which:
• Supports people’s right to privacy
• Respects people’s dignity
• Recognises people’s human rights
• Permits zero tolerance of all forms of abuse
• Enables people to maintain the maximum possible level of independence, choice and control
• Treats all people as individuals
• Supports people to freely express their needs and wants
• Demonstrates respect and integrity in all our work with people
Main duties and responsibilities:
To efficiently, effectively and in a highly professional manner:
• Generate ideas and identify new volunteer recruitment opportunities
• Research the community to identify potential volunteers
• Demonstrate an increase in volunteer numbers as per agreed targets
• Interview prospective volunteers and process their applications inc DBS checks
• Deliver/co-deliver The Fed’s volunteer induction programme and other training face to face or virtually
• Deliver talks/presentations to a variety of audiences in order to promote volunteering and other services at The Fed.
• Identify training needs of volunteers and help design a training programme
• Actively maintain and record information on bespoke database and produce reports
• Work in close collaboration with volunteer coordinators and manager
• Some involvement with supervising volunteers and providing ongoing support
• To assist in matching and placing suitable volunteers to clients in the community
• Network with other organisations
• Act as an ambassador of the organisation at all times, promoting its cause positively and professionally
• Ensure all work undertaken is precise and with attention to detail
• To have excellent organisational and time-management skills
• To work in accordance with the organisation’s mission, vision, strategic plans, policies and procedures.
• To work in accordance with the Skills for Care code of practice for social care workers and Care Quality Commission (CQC) regulations.
• To behave in a manner that reflects positively on the organisation at all times.
• To demonstrate a commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of vulnerable adults and children.
• To promote equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practices.
• To assist in monitoring and maintaining quality standards across the organisation.
• To demonstrate an understanding and commitment to the principles of confidentiality.
• To work in a manner that is sensitive and empathetic to the culture of the Jewish Community.
• At all times ensure effective and efficient use of The Fed’s resources.
Health & Safety
• All employees are subject to the Health & Safety at Work Act.
• To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
• To undertake duties and responsibilities in full accordance with the organisation’s Health & Safety policy and procedures.
• To co-operate with policies and procedures to enable the organisation to comply with its obligation under Health & Safety legislation.
• To report immediately to your line manager any defects in equipment or the working environment and report areas of risk.
Training and Development
• Participate fully in training and development in accordance with the organisations training plan and mandatory requirements.
• To attend and participate in supervision sessions and an annual personal review.
• To attend and participate in staff meetings.
• To contribute to the learning of other staff.
• To employ the skills and knowledge gained from training back in the work environment and to evidence your progression through measure of competencies in supervision with your manager.
For more information and to be personally recommended for this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org