Our jobs board is constantly changing with new jobs being added every day. If you would like to apply for any of the jobs we are advertising, please be in touch with your Work Avenue adviser or contact email@example.com stating which role you are interested in.
To advertise a vacancy, please click here.
For freelance opportunities (freelancers looking for additional clients or job seekers looking for flexible, project-based work), contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
£26,250 per annum pro rata (£21,000 per annum at 0.8 FTE)
29th February 2024
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To deliver a year-round food provision service for the local community through the JW3 Food Bank and Cooking for the Vulnerable Programmes.
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of the JW3 Food Bank and Cooking for the Vulnerable Programmes, including sourcing food provisions and coordinating deliveries; managing donations; storage; managing inventory; distribution to beneficiaries; minimizing food waste.
• Coordinate and supervise Food Bank volunteers when on site
• Be the first point of contact for all enquiries regarding the Food Bank and Cooking for the Vulnerable at JW3
• Work alongside the Volunteer Coordinator to implement appropriate monitoring and evaluation mechanisms to both record basic volunteering information and continually evaluate the effectiveness of volunteering within the Food Bank
• Work alongside the Volunteer Coordinator to ensure foodbank volunteer records are accurate and up to date, and to plan and implement appropriate volunteer induction and training programmes for Food Bank volunteers
• Liaise with local partners as part of a matrix of service provision, continually assessing and developing our understanding of the needs of beneficiaries to enhance the service JW3 can offer.
• Work with existing partner organisations, implementing and managing all relevant partnership agreements for the Food Bank, and develop new partnerships as appropriate.
• Develop and maintain intake and tracking systems for food provision, distribution (beneficiaries), and donations.
• Work with colleagues in the Programming team to identify and plan collaborative programmes highlighting JW3’s food provision services.
• Be present at key JW3 Food Bank events and volunteer-run activities, either to run them, or to support those running them. These events may take place on Sundays and in evenings.
• Produce and manage budgets within agreed parameters for all activities and events that fall within scope of the role in a timely fashion, including tracking the actual income and expenditure and producing financial event reports after events are completed.
• Negotiate financial arrangements with partners and providers as appropriate, and ensure they work to those agreed financial parameters.
• Where possible, identify opportunities for external programme/project funding, and work with colleagues in the JW3 Development team to secure new funding and report on any funding secured.
• Ensure that all Food Bank activities are run in a safe and responsible way, and that relevant procedures and policies are understood by all volunteers with respect to their involvement.
• Protect and enhance the reputation of JW3, representing the organisation in an appropriate and professional manner to stakeholders, acting as an advocate for the work of JW3.
• Attend all relevant staff meetings, supervisions, training days etc.
• Undertake other reasonable duties as required by your line manager or member of the Senior Leadership Team.
This role description is not exhaustive or all encompassing. Certain elements of the role may change from time to time, without altering the core premise of the role or the level of responsibility involved. This information will be reviewed and updated as and when appropriate, in consultation with the post holder, to reflect appropriate changes.
Essential Skills & Experience
• Experience of supervising staff and/or volunteers
• Experience of working with vulnerable groups
• Ability to navigate competing priorities and manage time-sensitive issues in a calm, professional manner
• Ability to interact confidently and build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels.
• Highly organised with efficient management of time and responsibilities
• Strong attention to detail
• Proactive and solution-focused, with an ability to anticipate and resolve issues that arise
• High level of IT proficiency
• Willing and able to work flexibly to meet the needs of the team and organisation
• Friendly and approachable, with an ability work collaboratively and effectively with others
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working with food provision and/or knowledge of local and national initiatives addressing food poverty
• Knowledge of social action programmes
• Personal experience of being a volunteer, preferably in a community or cultural organisation (e.g. a community centre, arts centre, theatre, youth organisation, educational establishment etc).
• Understanding of relevant organisations and structures within the British Jewish community
• Previous Safeguarding training/certification
• Demonstrates a commitment to furthering JW3’s vision and mission
• Is approachable and able to engage positively with others, building and maintaining strong working relationships
• Has a proactive and flexible approach to their work, including a willingness to work in the evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays, to serve the needs of a community Centre that operates 15 hours per day for 6-7 days per week
For more information and to be personally recommended for this role, please contact email@example.com