Our jobs board is constantly changing with new jobs being added every day. If you would like to apply for any of the jobs we are advertising, please be in touch with your Work Avenue adviser or contact email@example.com stating which role you are interested in.
To advertise a vacancy, please click here.
For freelance opportunities (freelancers looking for additional clients or job seekers looking for flexible, project-based work), contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
£11.33 per hour
29th February 2023
Hours: Variable (shift-based); core days needed are Mondays/Tuesdays/Fridays, with occasional Saturday nights/Sundays/bank holidays.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Working as a core part of JW3’s Box Office Team and reporting directly to the Head of Visitor Services, you will be based at the main Reception desk on the first floor. You will provide a warm, friendly and efficient service to members of the public and users of the Centre – predominantly, but not solely, participants of JW3 events and activities – delivering excellent service to users and visitors at all times in order to help fulfil JW3’s Vision and Mission.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Offer a smooth, professional and welcoming approach at all times.
• Meet and greet visitors to JW3, providing an inviting and warm welcome that reflects our values.
• Be one of the first points of contact for enquiries about JW3 events on the phone, by email or in person
• Take bookings and sell tickets for JW3 events, on the telephone or in person, using the Spektrix booking system and ‘Up sell’ other events, memberships
• Address enquiries, comments and complaints promptly and effectively, communicating these as necessary to other members of staff and/or the Manager.
• Efficiently utilise the Spektrix Box Office system, including but not limited to: entering new information on to Spektrix as and when supplied; continuous monitoring of Spektrix to remove “broken email addresses”; cleaning duplicates
• Ensure data protection policies are upheld
• Maintain knowledge of the programme of events and activities available and upcoming, and be able to provide information about these events and respond to any associated enquiries.
• Sell merchandise before/after events as and when required.
• Help facilitate the smooth flow of internal communication between Front of House and the Programming, Venue Hire and Operations Teams.
• Undertake cash-handling as and when needed.
• Be a point of contact to people arriving at the JW3 office for meetings.
• Efficiently use the Artifax room/space scheduling software system, including monitoring clashes, preparing and printing reports etc.
• Provide support to the wider JW3 staff team as required and agreed with your line manager.
• Ensure the reception area is maintained to a high professional standard and that all marketing material in the reception/front-of-house areas is up-to-date and professionally displayed.
• Support Director of Programming & Impact, Director of Development and Director of Marketing & Sales with relevant data and ticket requests, customer complaints and feedback.
• Ensure Housekeeping, Duty Managers and Facilities Manager are informed of any building related matters.
• Support ushers or volunteers as and when required, ensuring they have the information they need
• Protect and enhance the reputation of JW3, representing the organisation in an appropriate and professional manner to stakeholders, acting as an advocate for the work of JW3.
• Attend all relevant staff meetings, supervisions, training days etc.
• Undertake other reasonable duties as required by your line manager or member of the Senior Leadership Team.
Essential Skills and Experience
• Ability to navigate competing priorities and manage time sensitive or high-pressure situations in a calm, professional manner
• A professional, confident and friendly manner with the public
• Excellent written and verbal communication and numeracy skills (for purposes of cashhandling), including telephone manner.
• Proactive and solution-focused, with an ability to take initiative
• Strong organisational skills, efficient management of time and responsibilities
• Able to interact confidently and build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels.
• Strong attention to detail
• Enthusiastic and eager to learn and develop.
• Friendly and approachable, with an ability work collaboratively and effectively with others
• Willing and able to work flexibly to meet the needs of the team and organisation
• IT proficient, with a willingness to learn efficient use of any other systems/databases.
• An enthusiasm, understanding and experience of ‘customer service’ and sales techniques.
• Previous experience in a Front of House/Reception/Box Office setting, particularly within a non-profit setting
• Experience working in a relevant position at an arts venue, live performance venue, theatre or cinema.
• Experience with use of Artifax and Spektrix
• Demonstrates a commitment to furthering JW3’s vision and mission.
• Is approachable and able to engage positively with others, building and maintaining strong working relationships
• Has a proactive and flexible approach to their work, including a willingness to work in the evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays to serve the needs of a community Centre that operates 15 hours per day for 6+ days per week
• Driven and passionate about delivering a positive experience to users of the centre
For more information and to be personally recommended for the role please contact email@example.com