Fundraising Administrative Assistant
- Location: London NW3
- Sector: Not for Profit
- Salary: c£18,000 - £21,000
- Employer: JW3
We are seeking a highly personable and extremely well organised individual to support the Director of JW3 Development in their efforts to raise charitable funds towards JW3s’ activities. You will deliver smooth and professional administration of donations, maintain accurate records, and provide general support to the Director of JW3 Development and the wider fundraising team.
You will have access to highly confidential information, requiring absolute discretion at all times.
You will deal with a range of external stakeholders including key donors, supporters, and trustees.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBITILIES AND DUTIES:
- Administrative Support.
- Responsible for maintaining up to date and accurate records of all fundraising campaigns, events, activities and donor contact – using JW3’s fundraising database.
- Keep up to date and accurate records of all donations and have a complete understanding of all donor approaches and contributions.
- Assist in the provision of accurate research on donor prospects.
- Be an effective liaison between the fundraising department and lay committee members and board members.
- Respond in a highly professional and friendly manner to queries (Phone, electronic or in person) regarding any initiatives events, campaigns taking place within the department;
- Support the effective operation of the JW3 Development Board, including managing the dates, producing agendas, minutes and all key paperwork for meetings.
- Provide a high level of support to Development Board members to ensure they have all the assistance they require in order to support JW3 Development’s fundraising efforts.
- Provide excellent levels of donor care pre-and post-event including ensuring the accurate and timely thanking for donations and participation.
- Administer the follow-up process for pledges from events, ensuring we have 100% conversion rate from pledges to income received.
- Anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of donors to meet or exceed their expectations.
- Work collaboratively with other departments, individual professional staff, volunteers and lay leadership across the organisation to achieve JW3’s overall strategic objectives.
- Answer the phone and transfer calls to the team and take messages in their absence when needed.
- Undertake general administrative duties to include post, maintaining effective filing systems, taking messages, photocopying, ordering stationery and other tasks, which will contribute to the effective running of the fundraising department.
- Be a point of contact to people arriving at the JW3 office for meetings with JW3 staff – e.g. welcoming them, showing them to a meeting room and offering/making them refreshments.
2. Other Responsibilities
- Attend all relevant staff meetings, training days, supervisions etc.
- Act as an ambassador/point of contact in the JW3 office – answering the telephone, welcoming guests as needed.
- Undertake other reasonable duties as part of the JW3 Development Team or wider organisational team, as required by your line manager or JW3’s CEO – such as other administrative support when needed, or work on specific fundraising projects and events.
This job information cannot be all encompassing. It is inevitable over time that the emphasis of the job will change without changing the general character of the job or the level of duties and responsibilities entailed. Consequently, this information will be periodically reviewed, revised and updated in consultation with the post holder to reflect appropriate changes.
All staff must wholeheartedly buy into JW3’s mission, vision, values and guiding principles. A belief in the importance of inclusivity and working cross-communally, and a commitment to high quality Jewish engagement, arts and culture, and community-building is critical. A sensitivity to Jewish cultural issues is important. Training and support will be provided in order to achieve this.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, interpersonal and presentational skills.
- Strong numerical skills to process gifts and keep budgets updated.
- Demonstrable methodical approach to work with excellent attention to detail.
- IT literate (including Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and good Excel skills) and experience of using databases and managing electronic mail merges.
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage and prioritise own workload.
- Proven experience of successfully working under pressure, with multiple demands and in a busy environment.
- A confident and friendly manner with the public and a professional/smart appearance.
- Able to interact confidently and build relationships with a wide range of types, at all levels.
- Flexible with a pro-active and creative approach to problem solving.
- Outgoing, friendly and willing to pitch in and help others within the team, especially supporting all colleagues within the small fundraising team.
- Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality, and follow all GDPR (Data Protection) laws and guidelines.
Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Professional experience in an equivalent role within a charity or non-profit organisation.
- Has experience of working with a CRM database such as Tessitura (ideal), Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge or similar.
- Experience of community centres and/or Jewish community organisations – having been an active member, instructor/teacher, volunteer and/or staff member in at least one.
- A demonstrable personal interest in strengthening Jewish community.
- A demonstrable personal interest in and experience of arts, culture and Jewish life.
We are looking for someone who:
- Shows commitment to furthering JW3’s vision and goals;
- Is articulate, charismatic and dynamic;
- Has a proactive and flexible approach to work, including a willingness to work outside their regular hours where necessary – e.g. in the evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays
- Has a natural ability to effectively work in teams and form positive relationships
- Has passion, drive, commitment and integrity.
- Preference will be given to those with relevant qualifications