Trust and Legacy Fundraiser
- Location: North West London
- Sector: Community
- Salary: £32,000-£36,000
Kisharon is a charity that is passionate about supporting children and adults with learning disabilities to fulfil their potential. If you have the skills and experience and would like to play a vital part in this, we have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated Trust & Legacy Fundraiser to join our dynamic fundraising team.Email to a friend
Main purposes of role
Knowledge and Experience:
Main purposes of role
- To maintain and develop an ambitious strategy to ensure that all opportunities for approaching and securing increased funding from Trusts, Foundations and other grant making bodies are maximised.
- To identify additional opportunities within the strategy to raise unrestricted and restricted funds from trusts, foundations and grants as appropriate.
- To develop, manage and grow the legacy portfolio.
- To meet regularly with operational and service managers to identify budgeted activities that can be packaged as projects and matched to the appropriate donors.
- To ensure that projects include core organisational expenditure costs as far as possible.
- To assist with the monitoring of restricted funds, to ensure that items within budgets are not double funded.
- To make high quality funding applications within donors' deadlines to achieve income targets each year according to the fundraising budget.
- To prepare and update detailed research on trusts, foundations and other grant making bodies.
- To ensure new income streams are researched and applications made as appropriate.
- To follow up on all applications to ensure that applications are fully considered and the final outcomes are monitored.
- To maintain accurate paper and database records on trusts and foundations.
- To contribute to fundraising and interdepartmental meetings as required.
- To communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- To ensure that all donations and grants are properly logged onto the database and acknowledged in a timely fashion.
- To liaise with the Finance Department to ensure that all trust pledges and ongoing annual awards are received.
- To ensure that the corporate service manager is aware of new funding and notifies service managers regarding project delivery.
- To develop feedback systems to meet reporting requirements within donors' deadlines.
- To assist in the creation of materials to keep donors informed of developments at Kisharon.
- To nurture good relationships with existing and prospective donors, developing stewardship programmes. This will include demonstrating and showing to donors / prospective donors Kisharon's services and attending other events in order to present Kisharon's case for support.
- To contribute to and implement innovative, practical and profitable ideas for the ongoing development of Kisharon's fundraising strategy.
- To support all colleagues within the fundraising team and undertake any other reasonable duties and activities as requested by the Major Donor Fundraising Manager and the Director of Fundraising, Marketing and Communications.
- To capitalise on the goodwill that exists in the community for Kisharon and reinforce it where it needs strengthening by being a positive ambassador at all times.
- To undertake training and attend courses as appropriate.
- This crucial role involves an expectation that the post holder will co-operate by working if necessary outside the working hours for events and meetings.
- The Fundraising Department is based at Kisharon's Head Office, but attendance at events and meetings at other Kisharon sites or other venues is taken to be part of the role.
- Kisharon works largely, through not exclusively, with members of the orthodox Jewish community and the post holder must understand and respect their beliefs and requirements as well as those of the wider Jewish and mainstream communities.
- To operate within Charity Law and Data Protection legislation and adhere to the Institute of Fundraising Codes of Practice.
- To make yourself aware of, abide by and support all Kisharon policies, including, but not exclusively, confidentiality and data protection, safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults, equality and diversity, non-discriminatory practice, Health and Safety and Jewish orthodox ethos, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Extensive proven experience in trusts, statutory applications and major donor fundraising.
- An ability to write engaging and persuasive application letters and proposals to the highest standard.
- Strong interpersonal, networking and relationship building skills as well as the ability to influence and motivate supporters at the most senior level.
- Strong IT skills including sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, databases and utilising social media skills.
- First class administration skills including competency in office procedures / systems and attention to detail.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- An ability to respect confidentiality at all times.
- Sound knowledge of Charity Law and Data Protection Legislation and the Institute of Fundraising Codes of Practice.
- Assisting with other fundraising activities as required.
- Sound knowledge of the Jewish Community
- First degree or equivalent
- Professional qualification
- Commitment to Kisharon's values as expressed in the vision and mission
- Excellent communication skills both in written work and verbal communication.
- Excellent analytical skills particularly with data analysis
- A self-motivated team player.
- Flexible and adaptable, prepared to undertake duties in addition to those described above as required.
- An ability to multi-task and prioritise workload under pressure.
- Ability to work carefully and methodically.
- Prepared to give voluntary commitment for smooth running of department.
- Able unequivocally to respect, support, promote and work within a Jewish Orthodox ethos as detailed in the Staff Handbook.
- Quick and accurate
- Always does what s/he promises within time frames agreed.
- Loyal with a positive 'can-do' attitude.
- Appropriate, polite and supportive at all times.
- Excellent timekeeping